My 22 year old daughter is dealing with shoulder pain that radiates all over her right side.

Q: My 22 year old daughter is dealing with shoulder pain that radiates all over her right side. She describes weakness and some numbness in her arm. She's very active and works out almost daily. She's been xrayed and nothing shows up. She was in a car accident back in September so we are now wondering if this is related. She has a lot of stiffness and tension in her back and neck. Any advice??

Welcome to askthedoctorcom

Your daughter might not be suffering from any shoulder pathology, she could have the problem due to the cervical disc prolapse as she has stiffness in the neck and upper back. Secondly, shoulder problem don't lead to weakness of the limb.
Thirdly, Numbness is a neurological symptom and can hardly be due to shoulder problem.

Still treatment for stiff shoulder is hot fomentation, OTC pain killers, physiotherapy to improve range of motion.
However, my recommendation is to visit an Orthopaedic surgeon to diagnose the condition by physical examination and appropriate investigation.

If there is anything else you wish to discuss, feel free to follow us at