Ask The Doctor > Pending > My 4 year old has had 6 episodes of loss

My 4 year old has had 6 episodes of loss

Patient: My 4 year old has had 6 episodes of loss of concious des within the past 3 years. They have been checking his for seizures and cardiac issues. After his last episode they began him on keppra because it appeared much more like a seizure then his past episodes. They are always, loss of all muscle tone a consciousness with no tonic clonic movements last approximately 2 minutes then extreme lethargy and almost dazed state for 10-15 minutes with it taking him approximately an hour before he seems like himself again. He had another episode yesterday afternoon, we went into the ED, they discharged us within a few hours since he seemed to have returned to his baseline, checked by neurology and cardiology. Today he’s very irritable and fidgety, im wondering if I should call the neurologist on call? It’s a holiday weekend and the regular neurology dept that follows him is closed.

Symptoms: Irritability, restlessness

Doctor: