My 4 year old have been having a fever of

Patient : My 4 year old have been having a fever of 102,103 F going up and down every 5-6 hours for 4 days continuous. He vomitted 2 days ago as well. We went to doctor and they say its a virus. But should I take him to hospital? Its not cold or coughing I'm sure.
Symptoms:  Fever, vomitting, sleepy
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Since the fever persisted, it is be tter to start antibiotic treatment. All these infections start as viral and progress to superimposed bacterial infection. So consult your local GP and get prescription for Amoxycillin. The dose can be prescribed by him according to body weight. Hope this was helpful, Regards