My 4 yr old boy has been suffering uncontrollable temperatures

Patient : My 4 yr old boy has been suffering uncontrollable temperatures up to 38.9 for the past 4 days. Off. His food and not drinking as much. Very lethargic and sleepy but with periods of seeming fine. Have been to Dr and no other symptoms. ENT all clear and no UTI. How long do I give this as it is getting worse not better?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It seems that your boy has fever of unknown origin. There are many causes for fever and it would be pointless to note all of them. Fever in young boys usually occurs due to viral infection. The treatment would be to do: Tepid water sponging Calpol syrup if not allergic Drink lots of water and glucose If the fever does not go away in 5 days, please see a Doctor. All the best.