Ask The Doctor > Pending > My 5 year old son had cough with phlegm for

My 5 year old son had cough with phlegm for

Patient: My 5 year old son had cough with phlegm for 2 months which we were also infected. Thereafter he developed a dry cough that comes on and off only during the daytime and it has lasted for about 1-2 months. The cough isn’t severe, only a few coughs each time but it doesn’t seem to go away. There is also no wheezing nor shortness of breathe. Doctor suspect it’s asthmatic cough and prescribe Seretide MDI 25/50, 2 puffs each time 2 times a day. He has been taking it for 10 days. I’m not really comfortable with giving him this medicine and would like to stop. I would like to seek 2nd opinion if this medication is really necessary.

Doctor: