Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 5 year old son has allergy induced asthma every

My 5 year old son has allergy induced asthma every

Patient: My 5 year old son has allergy induced asthma every 3-4 months. It lasts only a couple days and we always treat with albuterol treatments. But some nights he coughs so much he throws up. Would a humidifier help these symptoms? Or some type of cough medicine?

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD.Thank you for the query.I can understand your concern for your son and would like to let you know that a humidifier will definitely help.If he coughs a lot you must rule out any possibility of upper respiratory tract infection.Cough syrup with mucolytic property and lozenges will also help in soothing the symptoms.Do let me know if you need any more assistance.Regards!