Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 6 year old son has a lump in his

My 6 year old son has a lump in his

Patient: My 6 year old son has a lump in his tongue and now every night he has a cough for no apparent reason. He saya the bump (lump) hurts. It feels like it could be fluid filled but it doesnt move. Im scared.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.There are a few viral infection and some cysts like a ranula which can cause complicatio ns if it is not treated quickly. The diagnosis can only be made by seeing a Doctor or a pediatrician. This will help you reach the diagnosis and aid you with getting him treated quickly.Viral infections are treated by careful watching and cysts are removed by surgery.Wishing your child a quick recovery. All the best.