My 6 year old son has a lump in his

Patient

Q: My 6 year old son has a lump in his tongue and now every night he has a cough for no apparent reason. He saya the bump (lump) hurts. It feels like it could be fluid filled but it doesnt move. Im scared.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

There are a few viral infection and some cysts like a ranula which can cause complications if it is not treated quickly. The diagnosis can only be made by seeing a Doctor or a pediatrician. This will help you reach the diagnosis and aid you with getting him treated quickly.

Viral infections are treated by careful watching and cysts are removed by surgery.

Wishing your child a quick recovery. All the best.