Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My 7 yr old son used the wrong inhaler and

My 7 yr old son used the wrong inhaler and

Patient: My 7 yr old son used the wrong inhaler and used my Symbicort, he doesn’t seem to be having an immediate adverse effect but none the less has scared the crap out of me, should I be worried and rushing him to the ER?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Symbicort is a combination of two medicines, budesonide and formoterol. Budesonide is a s teroid that reduces inflammation in the body. Formoterol is a bronchodilator that relaxes muscles in the airways to improve breathing. It is not recommend in children.This is the reason to make sure. You must consult a Doctor in ER. He would examine the child and would also notice that the single dose may not be a problem.I hope this answer helps you.