My 8 month old son has a cold; i took

Q: My 8 month old son has a cold; i took him to the doctor and he said it just needs to run its course but now he has a rash on his face and its spreading to his body, can you tell me what it is

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

It is good that you have shown your son to the Doctor and the Doctor already said about the need to run its own course. This means your Doctor was thinking about a possible flu.
But now your son has a rash on his face spreading to the body. This type of rash can be due to the following reason:
- Viral exanthem, a part of the flu symptoms. May need antihistamines if there is itching also.
- Atopic Dermatitis, common in small children only.
- Allergy to anything possible.

I think you should show this to his Doctor again just to confirm the diagnosis as actual visualization gives a better idea and a chance to give additional treatment if need be.

I hope this answers your query.