My 8 month old son has a cold; i took

Patient: My 8 month old son has a cold; i took him to the doctor and he said it just needs to run its course but now he has a rash on his face and its spreading to his body, can you tell me what it is

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.It is good that you have shown your son to the Doctor and the Doctor already said about t he need to run its own course. This means your Doctor was thinking about a possible flu.But now your son has a rash on his face spreading to the body. This type of rash can be due to the following reason:- Viral exanthem, a part of the flu symptoms. May need antihistamines if there is itching also.- Atopic Dermatitis, common in small children only.- Allergy to anything possible.I think you should show this to his Doctor again just to confirm the diagnosis as actual visualization gives a better idea and a chance to give additional treatment if need be.I hope this answers your query.