Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My age is 40 Male from Tamilnadu I used condom. U have allergy

My age is 40 Male from Tamilnadu I used condom. U have allergy

Patient: My age is 40. Male from Tamilnadu. I used condom 4 days back. Now I am affected by Condom alergy. Red dots and ittching on pennis.What medicine I can used for this alergy.ThanksSivam.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It seems that you have developed a contact dermatitis to condoms which is most probably due to allergy to latex or the type of rubber used to make the condom. The other cause could be due to spermicide in the condom which can produce various levels of allergy. The best way to deal with it is to avoid the allergen causing the allergy. Also, use of epinephrine, steroids, antihistaminics and calamine lotion could be helpful. Consider seeing a doctor for an examination and specific medications. Prefer to use latex free condoms without spermicide content in them.Hope this helped.Regards