Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My ankle hurts then it swells Body feels hot inside

My ankle hurts then it swells Body feels hot inside

Patient: My ankle hurts then it swells. Body feels hot inside no matter how much i drink

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I am not clear if you have a single sided swelling or a double sided swelling. Single si ded swelling refers to a local cause and a double sided is a systemic cause like heart disease or kidney failure. You need to see a Doctor to confirm the diagnosis by getting a full body examination done. This would be tests done like:Kidney function testCBCLiver function testand an ECG.Hope this helps you reach a diagnosis. All the best.