My ankle was sprained5 weeks ago but it's still really

Patient

Q: My ankle was sprained5 weeks ago but it's still really swollen, Is this normal?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think you have a soft tissue injury. I think that you should start on RICE therapy. RICE is the method used to help with the therapy.

Resting the ankle and avoiding walking will help you with the recovery
Ice the ankle for 15 mins every hour several times a day to reduce the swelling
Compress the ankle by using an ankle sleeve or a crepe bandage
Elevate the leg by placing it on top of the pillow

If the swelling does not stop after 3 days, please see a Doctor to help you. Hope this helps you. All the best.