My Antidepressants Aren't Working As Well Anymore, Should I Up The Dose?

Patient

Q: I have been taking Paxil 20mg for about 4 months now for depression, anxiety, insomnia, getting easily overwhelmed and frustrated and being very temperamental. Within the past 3 weeks, I noticed my medication isn't working as well as it did before. I tried seeing my family doctor about this but he is gone until July. Basically, I was wondering if I should possibly up my dose to 30mg? I think I might be getting immune to these pills. Please help!

Doctor