My Armpits sweat way more than they should.

Patient : My armpits sweat a great amount. I can't even wear a grey shirt around my house without sweating through. What can I do about this?
Symptoms:  Symptoms: sweating
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your excessive sweating could be caused by a condition called hyperhi drosis. Hyperhidrosis is a condition which causes abnormally increased perspiration. Hyperhidrosis could be caused by hormonal fluctuations such as in increased thyroid hormone or adrenalin. The symptoms of hyperhidrosis could be exacerbated by psychological stress, anxiety, or other intense emotional experiencing. The treatment of hyperhidrosis could be done with medications such as antidepressant medication. If this not responding medical treatment, you may need to undergo a surgical procedure to remove the sweat glands in the axillary region. Please see your doctor for further evaluation so you can start treatment as soon as possible. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com