Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My aunt is diabetic she has been experiencing severe pain

My aunt is diabetic she has been experiencing severe pain

Patient: My aunt is diabetic …she has been experiencing severe pain in her feet and hands along with swelling ..she is 47 ..plz help

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Pain and swelling in any area in a known diabetic is something which needs immediate at tention. It could mean anything from a folliculitis, cellulitis and even a severe infection or abscess which need immediate attention. Also, the sugars need to be controlled immediately for better cure. If ignored it may become a serious problem. Kindly consider seeing a Physician immediately and get it treated.Hope this helped.Regards