Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My baby has a yeast infection that is reoccurring after

My baby has a yeast infection that is reoccurring after

Patient: My baby has a yeast infection that is reoccurring after being treated with a Dr. Prescribed ointment. The ointment worked but now the rash is back. What do we do?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.You didn’t mention the age of your baby.If your baby is months old and using diapers, please check whether she is having an allergic reaction to the diaper material.Try to change the diapers in every 6 hours, keep the area clean and dry and avoid using diapers for few hours in a day.If rash persists, please consult your doctor and let her get examined again.Take care