My baby has flat and ridged finger nails

Patient : My baby is 7 months old and has flat and ridged finger nails. I am worried this could indicate a underlying health problem? She otherwise seems fine. Thank you for your help
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. In very young infants, the finger nails are very thin and may appear flattened compared to the finger nails of adults. This should not be a cause for concern. However, there is a condition called Koilonychia, or spoon nails, wherein the finger nails not only flatten, but become thin and covex shaped like spoons. This is a symptom of iron deficiency anemia. Should you notice this type of change in your child, please have your doctor examine your baby and start a diagnostic investigation for anemia. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com