Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My blood pressure is 120/80Hgmm and heart beat is 50 BPM

My blood pressure is 120/80Hgmm and heart beat is 50 BPM

Patient: My blood pressure is 120/80Hgmm and heart beat is 50BPM. Do I need to undergo medication?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Your BP seems fine for your age, however, the HR is low. If you do not have any symptoms such as shortness of breath or difficulty in doing daily activities, then you can ignore the low heart rate. You should get a CBC test done to rule out anemia. Some athletes who exercise regularly will have a low HR around the 55-65 range. So without symptoms, it does not need any intervention.Hope this was helpful,Regards