Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My body is being crazy I’d like to know why?

My body is being crazy I’d like to know why?

Patient: Hello, I’ve not had my period in months and I keep having hot flashes. I know for certain that I’m not pregnant and I’m far too young to be menopausal. what might it be ???

Symptoms: Nausea, hot flashes, no menstrual cycle, weight gain, lack of appetite, sudden uncontrollable cravings, sleeping unusual hours (6am-4pm) lack of sex drive and upper arm and shoulder pain

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Your symptoms are suggestive of a hormonal imbalance and it could also be due to a thyroid disorder.I will advise you to consult your physician and get the following tests done for a conclusive diagnosis:1) Serum FSH, LH2) Serum Progesterone3) Serum Oestrogen4) Ultrasound Whole Abdomen – to rule out Polycystic Ovary5) Thyroid profile ( T3, T4, TSH ).Further management can be based on your reports. A course of Duphaston ( Progesterone ) helps in making the cycles regular, but the hormonal levels have to be assessed first.Hope this was helpful,Regards