My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin

Q: My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin A day, today being day three and six pills in. Today he's worse than ever. Could he double the dose and take two tonight? And maybe two in the morning?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your history of about your boyfriend.
The reasons of not getting the proper results can be :
- Inappropriate dosage
- Particular antibiotic not working on that particular strain.
- Primary infection like sinusitis still positive, takes time.

I would advise him in such a situation the following:
- Consult an ENT Surgeon to get an opinion, get throat swab and other tests done and get a proper prescription of better antibiotics and supportive and symptomatic medicines .

I hope this answer helps your boyfriend.