Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin

My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin

Patient: My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin A day, today being day three and six pills in. Today he’s worse than ever. Could he double the dose and take two tonight? And maybe two in the morning?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your history of about your boyfriend.The reasons of not getting t he proper results can be :- Inappropriate dosage- Particular antibiotic not working on that particular strain.- Primary infection like sinusitis still positive, takes time.I would advise him in such a situation the following:- Consult an ENT Surgeon to get an opinion, get throat swab and other tests done and get a proper prescription of better antibiotics and supportive and symptomatic medicines .I hope this answer helps your boyfriend.