My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin

Patient : My boy friend has strep and is taking one emythromycin A day, today being day three and six pills in. Today he's worse than ever. Could he double the dose and take two tonight? And maybe two in the morning?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history of about your boyfriend. The reasons of not getting t he proper results can be : - Inappropriate dosage - Particular antibiotic not working on that particular strain. - Primary infection like sinusitis still positive, takes time. I would advise him in such a situation the following: - Consult an ENT Surgeon to get an opinion, get throat swab and other tests done and get a proper prescription of better antibiotics and supportive and symptomatic medicines . I hope this answer helps your boyfriend.