My boyfriend and I had sex last Monday

Patient: My boyfriend and I had sex last Monday with a condom, but halfway through he realized it was inside out & flipped it around before he came. I am worried about precum though. I was supposed to get my period last Saturday, but now I’m five days late. I travelled and I’m very stressed about this, so that could affect my period, but I am extremely worried that I am pregnant from his precum, even though he peed from the last time he masturbated until we had sex. Help?

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Pre-cum or pre-ejaculatory fluid to call it by its correct name is a clear fluid tha t appears on the tip of the penis when a man has an erection and is sufficiently sexually excited. It is a common misconception that this fluid is semen that has leaked out before the main ejaculation. This is incorrect because this fluid is produced by something called the Cowper gland and it’s purpose is to flush out the penis before ejaculation.Well, as this fluid does not contain sperm it can’t by itself cause a pregnancy. However as the purpose of this fluid is to flush out the penis it will bring any sperm left in the penis from the last ejaculation to the tip of the penis. If this happens that small amount of sperm could cause a pregnancy. It is better to take a preg-test for the confusion to be cleared. I hope this information will help you.Have a nice day.