My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about a week

Q: My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about a week ago and ever since I've felt sick but I'm suppose to get my period in a few days. Am I pregnant?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The reason for getting the vomiting sensation that you feel in pregnancy is because of hCG hormone. The hCG hormone will cause an increase in the sensation of nausea and vomiting. hCG hormone however only increases to a sufficient level to cause vomiting after several weeks of pregnancy. Thus, there is no way you can be having it because of pregnancy.

You can get a pregnancy test done after 1 week of a missed period. If positive, talk to a Doctor. I hope this helps you. All the best.