My boyfriend gets headaches constantly due to involuntarily opening his

Patient : My boyfriend gets headaches constantly due to involuntarily opening his eyes wide (about every couple seconds). He's very self conscious about people watching him open his eyes wide all the time, but he says he can't help it. It gives him sharp pains around his eyes (like above his eye brows, under his eyes, etc). He doesn't have the means to see an eye doctor, and so I'm trying to gauge whether this is serious enough for me to pay for an appointment for him.