Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My boyfriend had dental surgery done, bridge crown and 2

My boyfriend had dental surgery done, bridge crown and 2

Patient: My boyfriend had dental surgery done, bridge crown and 2 root canals… The past 2 morning when he wakes up his right eye is swollen, what is the cause of that ?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The cause of the right swollen eye in the morning after dental procedures can be due to t he inflammation travelling up to the eyes.Please consult the Dental Surgeon to have a look into the matter and give treatment accordingly.Even a consultation of an Ophthalmologist may be sought as the cause has to be seen and ruled out at the earliest.I hope this answer helps.