Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My boyfriend had unprotected sex Friday

My boyfriend had unprotected sex Friday

Patient: Hi I’m 16 me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex Friday while I still was on my period and Saturday it went off now it’s Sunday and I’m cramping can I be pregnant

Symptoms: Cramps

Doctor: Thank for your query.When you are bleeding and you have unprotected sex the chances of a conception are almost remote. Because the bleeding is toxic to the spermatozoa and make the genital tract of the female spouse hostile to reach the fallopian tubes for the fertilization to take place. But if you don’t get your periods even after 7 to 10 days after your expected menstrual cycle then you can opt for a home pregnancy test.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.