My boyfriend has a Headache, sore throat, chills and a stomach ache.

Patient

Q: My boyfriend has a Headache, sore throat, chills and a stomach ache. What can I get him to cure him or do? I gave him Tylenol sinus and later on he took nyquil

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com.

Your boyfriend seems to be having a sinus headache. You need to observe him since you mentioned chills. If he comes down with a fever, then you need to get him examined by his physician who can start an appropriate antibiotic therapy for sinus infection ( URTI ).Since he also has a sore throat the chances of URTI is higher. A good choice would be Augmentin ( Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid 625 mg twice daily ) for 5-7 days. Apart from the antibiotic, Tab. Sinarest which is a combination of chlorpheniramine maleate and paracetamol can be taken for symptom relief. This will reduce the congestion as well as the headache.

Kindly get him examined by his physician before starting any treatment. The physician will advise the same medicines once the diagnosis is confirmed.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.