My boyfriend has a history of heart attack and coronary

Patient : My boyfriend has a history of heart attack and coronary artery disease. Is it possible for troponin levels to be normal with a blockage
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Yes, the troponin levels can be norm al, provided the blockage is not strong enough to cause ischemia. Troponin levels start going up, after an acute event of Myocardial Infarction, without which the values remain normal. If the blockage is as severe as 80 % the chances of ischemic injury and high troponin values increase. Hope this was helpful, Regards.