Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My boyfriend has a large skin patch on the back

My boyfriend has a large skin patch on the back

Patient: My boyfriend has a large skin patch on the back of his head. It’s been bleeding for over 2 years now and only some hairs grow out of it. What is it?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Skin patch at the back of the head which is bleeding for 2 years and hair growing out of it can be due to many reasons. The best solution to the problem is to consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.The possible causes can be:Seborrheic dermatitis patch.EczemaCarbuncleRare chance of some skin cancer.Hence the need for proper diagnosis as treatment of every cause is totally different and your patient is suffering for 2 years, a long time to have such a problem.I hope this answer helps you to get an early and proper diagnosis and treatment.