My boyfriend has a large skin patch on the back

Patient

Q: My boyfriend has a large skin patch on the back of his head. It's been bleeding for over 2 years now and only some hairs grow out of it. What is it?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Skin patch at the back of the head which is bleeding for 2 years and hair growing out of it can be due to many reasons. The best solution to the problem is to consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
The possible causes can be:
Seborrheic dermatitis patch.
Eczema
Carbuncle
Rare chance of some skin cancer.

Hence the need for proper diagnosis as treatment of every cause is totally different and your patient is suffering for 2 years, a long time to have such a problem.

I hope this answer helps you to get an early and proper diagnosis and treatment.