My boyfriend has had an ear infection for the past

Patient : My boyfriend has had an ear infection for the past 6 days. He has been to the doctor and they gave him ear drops and ibupofen but he says he feels worse and says his ear is swollen. He is 16 and this hasn't happened before
Symptoms:  Fever, head ache, ear swollen
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have that you have a ear infection which is causing the pain in the ear . I think that that you should see a Doctor to get antibiotics tablets to prevent the infection. This will help you better than the ear drops. Hope this helps you.