My boyfriend has hiv Does that make me a

Patient : My boyfriend has hiv . Does that make me a carrier and what are my chances of getting it
Symptoms:  Fatigue and sorethroat
Doctor :   Thanks for your question. Transmission of HIV from infected persons depends on various things--their viral load , the ir being on anti-HIV medicines, new or old HIV infection, concurrent STDs and above all -using or not using protection while having any kind of sexual activity. If you use protection for sexual activity then your chances of getting HIV is very low. There is nothing like a carrier state in HIV. Hope this helps.