My boyfriend of three years just got diagnosed with chlamydia

Patient

Q: My boyfriend of three years just got diagnosed with chlamydia and told me I have to go get checked out too. He tells he has that from way before he met me is it possible to have it for years and just start showing symptoms ?

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thanks for you query.

Yes, Chlamydia is known to be dormant for years before it shows symptoms.
It is imperative that both of you have to take treatment simultaneously and refrain from sex till declared as cured by your treating Doctors.
Later also use condoms.
Take plenty of oral fluids.
Take care that either of you do not get this again.

I hope this answers your query and helps you for further cure.