My boyfriend went to the bathroom this morning and had

Q: My boyfriend went to the bathroom this morning and had a slight pain with urination and noticed dried blood on the tip of his penis. He's 17 and plays sports and works out a lot. What could be the cause?

Symptoms:  Pain when urinating, dried blood at the tip

A:   Hi.

The commonest cause of pain during urination and dried blood at the tip is passage of the urinary stone through the urethra causing pain and bleeding a part of which gets dried up .
Another reason can be just urethritis.

Ask him the following:
Send the urine sample for culture, sensitivity, routine and microscopy.
Ultrasonography of the abdomen and pelvis particularly for urogenital system, to find the presence of infection and/or stones.

Take plenty of oral fluid.
No sex or masturbation till cured.

I hope this answer helps him.