Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My boyfriend went to the bathroom this morning and had

My boyfriend went to the bathroom this morning and had

Patient: My boyfriend went to the bathroom this morning and had a slight pain with urination and noticed dried blood on the tip of his penis. He’s 17 and plays sports and works out a lot. What could be the cause?

Symptoms: Pain when urinating, dried blood at the tip

Doctor: Hi.The commonest cause of pain during urination and dried blood at the tip is passage of the urinary stone through t he urethra causing pain and bleeding a part of which gets dried up .Another reason can be just urethritis.Ask him the following:Send the urine sample for culture, sensitivity, routine and microscopy.Ultrasonography of the abdomen and pelvis particularly for urogenital system, to find the presence of infection and/or stones.Take plenty of oral fluid.No sex or masturbation till cured.I hope this answer helps him.