Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My breasts are REALLY Uneven!

My breasts are REALLY Uneven!

Patient: I’m 17 years old and ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always wanted the perfect boobs. I started getting them around 8th grade and they didn’t really start to progressively grow until about a year and a half ago, half way through freshmen year. I’m a short person, 1mm away from being 60 inches, exactly. I know it’s normal for a girl who is still growing but this is really weird. I wear a 34C, because that’s what my biggest breast fits. My left is a 34C… my right one should be about a 32B, or the highest A cup… I know it’s usual for a girls breasts to be slightly uneven during growth, but mine are REALLY BAD.. I dunno what to do. It lowers my self esteem and it puts pessimistic thoughts in my head about my body. I’ve always hated this about my body…

Doctor: Your frustrations and concerns are understandable. However, you should bear in mind that you are still very much in a de velopment phase of growth and that even adult female breast are often not exactly the same size. It is quite possible that your breasts will appear more equal in size as you grow older. After you have completed your growth phase, should you still find that your breast are very uneven you may consider cosmetic surgery to correct the asymmetry.