My brother with emphysema

Patient: My 35 year old brother had emphysema and is morbidly obese. he can get up to use the bathroom, and he can walk across the house to go have a cigarette when he wants one. but he is constantly asking my mom and me to do stuff for him even if the things he wants are only a few inches or feet away from him. so my question is, how do i know if he really needs our help or if he is just wanting attention and things to be done for him all the time?

Symptoms: My 35 year old brother had emphysema and is morbidly obese. he can get up to use the bathroom, and he can walk across the house to go have a cigarette when he wants one. but he is constantly asking my mom and me to do stuff for him even if the things he wants are only a few inches or feet away from him. so my question is, how do i know if he really needs our help or if he is just wanting attention and things to be done for him all the time?

Doctor: