My chest feels like someone is pushing right in the

Patient

Q: My chest feels like someone is pushing right in the middle. It hurts and I'm finding it painful to breathe. This has occurred before, but each time it lasts longer and is more painful. What do you suggest I do, and what might be the cause of this?

Symptoms:  Pain, trouble breathing, feeling of pressure on chest.
Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Most common causes of chest pain are:
1. Muscular Pain / Costrocondritis.
2. Chest pain due to heart issues.
3. Acid peptic disease.

We can't afford to miss cardiac reason for chest pain so we always advise to get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not.
If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For acid reflux, i would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
If you have recurrent episodes of acidity, get upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen done.
For muscular chest pain, do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy