Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My cholesterol has jumped to 102 and my triglycerides are 16.1.

My cholesterol has jumped to 102 and my triglycerides are 16.1.

Patient: My cholesterol has jumped to 10.2 and my triglycerides are 16.1How dangerous is this levels

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,It is important that you should have mentioned the normal range as well in the query as different labs have different ranges and also not mentioned are the units of the values. They are usually quantified in mg/dl, so i would like to know the exact units and also the normal range offered by your lab.If you consider that these two values are high as per your lab, then you are case of dyslipidemia and what would be important would be levels of HDL and VLDL which can actually predict the risk in future of developing any cardiac ailment. Also please mention your age and present weight and height to calculate your BMI which is an important predictor in a case of dyslipidemia.Please follow up with details,Regards

Patient: I don’t have info u looking for so I’ll just leave it as u can’t answer question I should not be charged

Doctor: Normal triglycerides means there are less than 150 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL). Borderline high triglycerides = 150 to 199 mg/dL.High triglycerides = 200 to 499 mg/dL.
Total cholesterol
Less than 200 mg/dL: desirable
If the levels are 102 and 161 mg/dl respectively for cholesterol and triglycerides then there is no risk at all and there is no cardiac risk. The borderline increase of TGs can be controlled by dietary changes and reducing onto saturated fats , fried , oily and spicy fast foods and reducing on sodas.

Patient: This is of no help to me .

Doctor: Thanks for the query. This is all info which can be offered at your disclosure.
Take care.