My clitoris is swollen and sore due to masturbation 2

Patient

Q: My clitoris is swollen and sore due to masturbation 2 days ago. I have consulted my OBGYN and he suggested a cortisone cream and ice the area. I have been doing both for about a day now. When should I expect the swelling and soreness to go away?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD,

Rough masturbation can often cause frictional injury to the local genital structures especially the clitoris which can lead to swelling of the clitoral region and sometimes even the vulva. But this can be subsided easily in next 24-48 hrs after application of ice packs and if inflammation is more then as advised to you, cortisone cream with local application thrice a day can help reducing the swelling in next 24 hrs.
Avoid regularly touching your clitoris to prevent further frictional injury and wear loose undergarments and cotton clothing which can be comfortable and don't rub on the clitoris.
You should see the decrease in swelling in next 24 hrs.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,