My current girlfriend has been diagnosed with HPV and I

Patient : My current girlfriend has been diagnosed with HPV and I think my ex gave it to me and I gave it to my current girlfriend. She has been the only woman I've had any sex with in the last 8 months. How long do we have to wait to have safe sex, and when will it be out of my system?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. The clearance time of high-risk types of HPV varies from 8 to 18 months. Using condoms during intercourse can prevent the transmission. Vaccination can prevent the risk of acquiring the virus in future. Take care.