My cycle has not been on since January and I

Patient: My cycle has not been on since January and I have pcos. Yesterday I had a little brown yellowish blood in my panty liner. I have had some pain on my left side and sore boobs the night before the blood. Today I havent had any. I took a pregnancy test two months ago. Could I be pregnant? Or what could be the problem.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms you have described could be due to an early pregnancy in case you have b een sexually active after the last cycle. The other cause for your symptoms could be hormonal imbalance as well due to PCOS.Since it has been 2 months since the last pregnancy test, we recommend that you consult a gynecologist for an examination and specific investigations to rule out pregnancy and other causes for your symptoms. An ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis may be needed.Hope this was helpful.Regards