Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My cycle is about 30 days long I had my

My cycle is about 30 days long I had my

Patient: My cycle is about 30 days long. I had my last period on the 13th March, I had sex between the 26th and 29th march. this month my period came a couple days late and It’s lighter than usual. am I pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.Sometimes scanty flow can be seen due to causes like gonadal hormonal imbalance, general causes like anemia etc.If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.