My cyst in my groin area popped should i go to ER?

Patient : My cyst in my groin area popped should i go to the ER ?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. We do not have any information about what was the nature of the cyst and its size. It i s better to consult a doctor to rule out any pus collection and need for an antibiotic cover to prevent any infection. This would be very important in case you have diabetes. Fever, pain, foul-smelling discharge, redness over the area are all signs of inflammation and infection mandating a visit to the doctor. Hope this helped. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: I recently had PFT's performed at the request of my PCP. This result is in comparison to the same tests from2/15. ...

Q: Hi, ten years ago, my mother was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the right lung. She was not a smoker.Did not spread...

Q: I had unprotected sex 3 times in one night. I pulled out each time. Her period had ended 4 days earlier. She took ...

Q: For the past couple night when I lay down, my left leg and arm hurts. worse in groin. I am 49 and have fibromyalgi...

Q: My father failed is barium swallow test and has been told not to eat anything from this point forward. My father h...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon