My cytopathology,URN(THINPREP) test results are urothelial c

Q: My cytopathology,URN(THINPREP) test results are urothelial cells and squamous cells present . many white blood cells present ,indicative of acute inflammation.No malignant cells present . Is it necessary to perform more tests now. If so I do not want a CT Scan with dye.Are there any other tests less invasive.If CT scan is necessary how can I know if I am allergic to it .I know someone who died taking this test

Thank you for your query at

Your findings of squamous cells and a lot of white blood cells indicate an active infection which is leading to inflammation and loss of white blood cells and other cells in the urine.

You can get a simple ultrasound KUB and CT scan is not required as of now.
Some people are allergic to the due, hence the hospital has to prep the patient before the procedure and prophylactic anti histaminic can also be taken.

As of now, you need to talk to your physician, who can recommend an antibiotic like doxycycline for 2 weeks with a recommended adult dose of 100 mg twice daily. You can repeat the tests after the antibiotic course is over. This will reduce the excretion of white blood cells and squamous cells in the urine.

Hope this was helpful
Feel free to discuss further,