My dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer My

Patient

Q: My dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. My dad is a smoker and a previous drug and alcohol abuser. He has been suffering with a cough and shortness of breath since December. He has a growth in his windpipe as well causing him to struggle with speech.
While his biospy was being taken he has a heart attack and was put in a medicated coma, he had a stent fitted and was released from the hospital. Since then he has had a small stroke.
We don't know what stage, but how much longer will my dad with us and what can I do to help and what am I to expect?

Doctor