Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughter 17 has bad spots on her legs

My daughter 17 has bad spots on her legs

Patient: My daughter 17 has bad spots on her legs very painful went to her pc they said it was pityriasis rosea. It’s worse now she is not good

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.Pityriasis rosea is characterised by red colored asym ptomatic or mildly itchy scaly plaques over body. These are not painful.I guess she has got some bacterial infection most likely folliculitis.Folliculitis is an infection of skin involving the hair follicle.I would advise you to revisit your doctor so that he can reevaluate the skin lesions and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy