Patient :My daughter ate a hotdog bun for dinner 7 hrs ago. I didnt notice at the time there were small dark mold spots on all of them. She is sleeping now but I am freaking out after reading some molds are toxic and she could die. Shes 5, ate the full bun and does not seem to be running a fever
Thank you for writing to us.
If you still have the spoilt hot dog bun, you can take it to the Hospital to get it tested to see what the mould is made of. Mould may or may not be dangerous and as long as your daughter does not develop any symptoms like fever or abdominal pain, she should be fine.
Checking the mould on the hot dog bun will also decide the treatment for it. Treatment is only needed if symptoms develop and you should not treat her empirically to avoid side effects of medications.
Hope this helps you. All the best.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.