Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughter came home from school Wednesday with red

My daughter came home from school Wednesday with red

Patient: My daughter came home from school Wednesday with red circle like marks on her legs, maybe 5 in total . She is not feverish or behaving sick in any way. The marks have not grown or gotten worse but they are still there. She also has a red streak like mark on the right side of her face that appeared at the same time. She is autistic and dr visits are not easy to accomplish with her, hoping you can tell me if I should take her or just continue to monitor the marks. Thank you, Brandy.

Symptoms: Circle marks on body

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I understand your concern.As per details, there are f ollowing possibilities for her symptoms-1) Tinea corporis : characterised by itchy red scaly rash annular in morphology. It is fungal infection of skin. For treatment, antifungals are started including clotrimazole and oral fluconazole.2)Granuloma annulare – it is characterised by annular red rash with beaded margins. It may be asymptomatic or associated with mild itch.For treatment, mild topical steroid like hydrocortisone is advised.You should better visit the doctor in person so that he can examine her and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helpsStay healthy