Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughter has a scaly patch on her neck

My daughter has a scaly patch on her neck

Patient: My daughter has a scaly patch on her neck. We have been putting Aqua for on it but it is getting worse

Symptoms: Scaly skin

My daughter has a scaly pat...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com. I understand your concern.This looks like a fungal in fection, and I would advise you to apply Clotrimazole ointment mixed with calamine lotion 2-3 times daily for a week.Additionally, she will also need Tab. Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime till the patch subsides.If the lesion seems to get worse even after the treatment advised, please get it examined by a dermatologist.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.