My daughter is 24 weeks pregnant and has been diagnosed

Patient: My daughter is 24 weeks pregnant and has been diagnosed with gd two weeks ago. She finally got a tool to check her bg level and she has low bg level every time (57-79) even one hour /two hours after eating. Her ketones were very high this morning and nobody seems to be worried about it!! Dietician says just keep track of everything and come in next week and that it is okay to have high ketones and that it is caused by eating too many carbs!! I thought it was the other way around?

Symptoms: High ketones, low bg, pregnant 24 weeks

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comLow blood glucose with high ketones are indicative of starvation and inadequate diet.I will advise you to seek an immediate physician opinion, as such low blood glucose can be detrimental to the foetus.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further