Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughter is 5 1/2 months She’s had a crackling/rumbling

My daughter is 5 1/2 months She’s had a crackling/rumbling

Patient: My daughter is 5 1/2 months.She’s had a crackling/rumbling noise in her chest or lungs for a few weeks now.Doesn’t seem to bother her, sometimes she coughs, and she’s been crankier than ever.What could this possibly be?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted the history of your daughter suffering from crackling/rumbling noise in her chest or lungs for a few weeks. It looks that your daughter is comfortable.There is coughing sometimes.The possible causes are:Allergic bronchitis.Bronchial asthmaRetention of mucus due to inability to expel.I would advise you the following:Clinical evaluation, Some investigations like X-ray chest and blood work should help to get a appropriate diagnosis and a plan for treatment.I hope this answers you query.