Ask The Doctor > Pending > My daughter is almost 15 and since she was has

My daughter is almost 15 and since she was has

Patient: My daughter is almost 15 and since she was has had extreme “growing pains” to the point she would scream bloody murder. She has always been active and still is. She plays softball, does competition cheer and is in a nationally recognized high school marching band (so practices ever I day and competition on weekends). She has, over the last year or 2, been complaining that her knees, ankles and wrists are sore, stiff and weak. She was always told the “growing pains ” we’re normal and her symptoms now are normal since she is active. They only thing ever done was xrays and she was tested for juvenile arthritis which everything was “normal”…is it? She is becoming less active because of the pain, which still come even if she has been resting for a few days.

Doctor: